The AEA KU5A new end address supercardioid ribbon mic
The KU5A’s supercardioid polar pattern captures pure, direct sound while rejecting room tone from behind the mic. This feature prevents excessive monitor and audience bleed when tracking musicians live in one room or on stage.
The KU5A’s end-address directionality and tight supercardioid pattern allow for effortless positioning on snare, toms, and other instruments that may be difficult to access. Signal bleed captured by dynamic mics and condensers often sounds harsh and brittle due to top-end frequencies. The minimal bleed captured by the KU5A sounds more natural as a result of its smooth top end and coheres well in a mix.
The boosted output of the KU5A is beneficial when recording quiet sources like vocals and soft acoustic guitars, and the active circuitry prevents noise interference. The KU5A operates with standard 48-volt phantom power.
- Supercardioid polar pattern that rejects room tone and instrument bleed
- Detailed, extended top end with ribbon smoothness and warmth
- Supreme durability for close-range, outdoor, and live use
- Active electronics and custom transformer optimized for all preamps
- Front address design with built-in yoke is simple to position
- Integrated high-pass filter switch reduces proximity effect at close-range
- Matte black finish is discreet on camera
- Made in the U.S.A.