Cubase Pro 9.5 Crossgrade
Exchange your current software for this feature rich incredibly powerful software program.
Qualified Products Include
• Ableton Live (Standard and Suite)
• Apple Logic
• AVID Pro Tools Native and HD
• Cakewalk Sonar (Platinum and Professional)
• Imagine FL Studio (Signature and Producer)
• MOTU Digital Performer
• Persons Studio One ( Professional only)
• Reason (V6 or later)
Cubase Pro condenses almost three decades of Steinberg development into the most cutting-edge DAW anywhere. Used by star producers and musicians for composing, recording, mixing and editing music, Cubase Pro combines outstanding audio quality, intuitive handling and a collection of highly advanced audio and MIDI tools. Whether you record an orchestra, a huge live rock show, or a band in the studio, Cubase Pro is sublime in every sense of the word.
Virtual instruments & effect plug-ins
Cubase comes with a set of outstanding virtual instruments and a complete suite of high-end audio and MIDI VST effect processors. Here you can get an overview on all included instruments and effects and listen to some audio demos.
- Retrologue 2 virtual analog synth for fat and funky lead & bass sounds
- Padshop granular synth for spacious spheres and evolving textures
- HALion Sonic SE 2 offers more than 1,300 production-ready sounds based on the acclaimed HALion technology
- Groove Agent SE 4: Powerful drum sampler; now with Acoustic Agent for ultra-realistic acoustic drum sounds
- LoopMash 2: First-of-its-kind interactive loop synthesizer
- Channel strip modules for epic pro-console sound, including top-end compressors, analog tape saturation and brickwall limiter
- REVerence: Top-end multi-channel convolution reverb processor
- Frequency 8 band EQ for microscopic audio surgery including M/S support and Linear phase mode
- VST Amp Rack and VST Bass Amp: infuse your guitar and bass tracks with drive, punch and clarity
- PitchCorrect for automatic intonation control of monophonic audio sources
- Quadrafuzz v2, Multiband Expander, Multiband Envelope Shaper
Composing music with Cubase
Steinberg has pioneered many aspects of MIDI sequencing on a computer, and tools such as the Score, Drum and List Editors have become indispensable to modern music production. With easy-to-use editing and innovative composing and notation tools, Cubase offers the most complete MIDI composing and sequencing toolset available today.
Audio recording with Cubase
Steinberg’s wealth of engineering experience in digital audio stretching back over nearly three decades provides the basis for its state-of-the-art recording capabilities. With its emphasis not only on technology but also on user friendliness and ergonomics, Cubase provides everything you need to record your audio with ease and utmost quality.
The award-winning Cubase audio engine delivers a crystal-clear 64-bit floating-point resolution and 192 kHz sample rate, with a pristine sound quality that is the hallmark of the Cubase music production experience. And the Cubase audio engine also includes true surround capability throughout, with each track and channel offering up to six discreet channels, ready for 5.1 surround.
- Retrospective Record: no take ever gets lost because record mode wasn’t engaged in time
- Exemplary FX handling: any VST plug-in can be recorded with the signal, or simply used for monitoring while the untouched, pristine signal is recorded in Cubase
- Intuitive user interface supports even the largest recording rigs, with easy-to-use folders, customizable Track views and custom color schemes for Tracks that differentiate track types at a glance
- Effortless I/O handling: the VST Connections window allows you to not only setup custom I/O setups and customize port names but also switch between different I/O setups on the fly
- Re-record mode: simply hit the record button again and the recording will start from the original position preserving the original pre-count and metronome settings
Engineered exclusively for Steinberg’s audio production systems and unavailable on any other software workstation, the Control Room is a unique recording and monitoring environment seamlessly integrating performer mixes and monitoring setups into your recording and mixing workflow.
Cubase allows you to create and manage up to four unique studio mixes feeding performers their own tailored mix, to use the integrated talkback function, manage audio sources feeding from tape, CD or DVD — all seamlessly integrated in the Cubase MixConsole.
Audio editing with Cubase
A powerful sample editor, smart multi-track editing, fast take-comping, totally integrated vocal editing and pitch alteration of monophonic signals — Cubase provides all this and much more, allowing you to edit audio with peerless precision and unprecedented speed.
The Sample Editor allows you almost limitless creative freedom while editing audio. A full editing toolset offers a huge range of functions that not only cover common editing tasks right down to the sample level. Cubase is the complete production environment for fast, intuitive and qualitatively outstanding audio tools that allow you to manipulate your recordings in almost any way imaginable.
- State-of-the-art transient and tempo detection: optimize the timing, feel and flavor of live-recorded drum tracks
- Intuitive audio quantization
- Easy drum replacement
Extended pitch correction and creative audio manipulation
VariAudio offers completely integrated vocal editing and pitch alteration of individual notes in monophonic vocal recordings and can solve intonation and timing problems with a few clicks. Editing vocal lines in the Sample Editor is just as seamless and quick as if editing MIDI notes in the Key Editor.
The full integration with the Chord Track ensures correct pitch to your harmonies at all times! This interaction also lets you harmonize your lead vocals in beautifully composed choral arrangements. Plus, you can even edit multiple VariAudio parts across multiple tracks within one editor only. And yes, the popular autotuning effect is no big deal!
Drum recordings and drum loops
Transient and tempo detection
Cubase comes with a state-of-the-art transient detection. With this powerful tool at hand, you can detect single hits, rolls and ghost notes faster and more accurate than ever before. Best of all, hitpoints are automatically calculated in the background as soon as audio material is recorded or imported into the arrangement window.
Plus, the tempo detection algorithm accurately determines the tempo of any rhythmic audio material. The resulting tempo map can be used to keep the dynamic feeling of natural tempo variations or to remove unwanted tempo changes quickly.
Straightforward drum replacement
The bass drum needs some extra punch? The snare drum doesn’t cut through the mix? With the Hitpoint-to-MIDI function, it is very easy to replace, double or enrich live-recorded drum sounds. When the transients have been detected, a single click creates a MIDI track with a MIDI note for each drum hit. From here, it’s up to you which sampler or synth you want to fuel.
Smart multi-track editing -Simple and efficient — Track Edit Groups tie together what belongs together. When recording a guitar for example, it is common to record signals from different amps, microphone types or distances on separate tracks. With Track Edit Groups activated, related tracks are tied together and can be edited at once, making this feature a huge time-saver in the studio.
Warp quantizing -Cubase also allows you to warp-quantize multiple audio tracks at once using the convenient Quantize panel. By creating warp markers straight from hitpoints, both single audio loops as well as the entire arrangement can be non-destructively quantized with a single mouse click — just like MIDI parts! And because the audio events are warped instead of sliced, they automatically follow any tempo or pitch changes of your project while remaining unclutterd for easy arrangements.
Conjure the perfect take - Ultra-fast take comping
TrackVersions -Create, rename and manage parallel versions of the same track or tracks and use them to compare takes or create alternative versions of your recordings while keeping all track settings. Interfacing perfectly with existing track handling features like lanes, the flexible new TrackVersions feature will significantly speed up your workflow when working not only with audio but also MIDI, instrument, chord, tempo and signature tracks.
Direct file exchange with WaveLab
Use WaveLab’s mighty feature set from within Cubase. Open WaveLab directly from within Cubase and use WaveLab’s powerful restoration, editing, analysis and mastering functions to polish your audio material even during the mixing process. After editing and processing the audio file in WaveLab, the file can be updated automatically in Cubase by just a single mouse click in WaveLab.
The new render in-place function allows you to bounce MIDI and audio parts easily. You can define exactly on what to include and for example render-in track FX in the newly created events. Trigger the command and a new audio track is created with all effects settings copied over from the original source track plus your rendered audio event, including intact event boundaries.
Professional mixing in Cubase
Cubase provides a complete mixing environment that not only equips you to produce stunning mixes in stereo or surround, but allows you to tailor your mixing workflow to suit your own personal artistic and creative vision. MixConsole is dedicated to professionals working regularly with the mixer.
Stellar mixing with MixConsole
Cubase's MixConsole excels not only in terms of usability, look and feel, but also sounds better than anything before it — it’s in the mix! Here are some of the features that let you cut down on mixing time and zero in on getting creative.
- 32-bit floating-point mixing engine with 128 physical inputs and outputs, 8 inserts per channel, 64 FX sends, 256 groups/busses and unlimited routing between audio channels, busses, groups and FX
- Entirely scalable and dedicated full-screen mode
- View Sets and Channel Zones for utmost flexibility
- VCA faders for complex mixing and automation workflows
- Control Link groups and Quick Link system for channel parameters
- Customizable track icons and track notepad
- Drag-and-drop support throughout the mixer
- Direct routing with one click
- Dynamic inserts and sends provide streamlined overview
- A/B comparison and global bypass of all audio effects
- Wave Meters: upcoming audio events are displayed with the respective waveforms
- Plug-in & channel search function
- Full Control Room integration, including talkback and four different cue mixes
- Optimized for mouse-free operation: virtually all channel elements are accessible by blind reader software & through the computer keyboard